ProCraft Battery Cables
PLEASE NOTE: ProCraft Battery Cable sets are CUSTOM built to your specifications and are sold ONLY through SafeAir1. Please DO NOT contact our good friends at Avery Tools about ProCraft Cables, they won't be able to help you.
Custom Built for YOU!
- YOU choose the specifications for your aircraft.
- YOU determine the length of each cable and wire.
- YOU Choose terminal type and "clocking".
- YOU Specify color coding - Red or Black heat shrink bands - each end
- Professionally constructed with the right tools and techniques for superior performance and reliability.
- Designed right and built right - ProCraft Cable and Wire assemblies will provide excellent service for years.
- Cut and crimped CORRECTLY... using the right techniques and state of the art crimping tools.
- Sized properly for the application and electrical loads.
- High quality, aviation grade materials, properly assembled by professionals
- Copper cable - we start with the right cable and NEVER use copper cladded Aluminum! (and we also encourage you to never do so.)
- High quality Tin plated terminals reduce corrosion and loss of power.
- PROPERLY cut and crimped - Assemblies are fabricated using the correct cable cutters and hydraulic crimping machines in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications.
- Ready to install when they arrive.
- Order now - Orders are shipped on the 1st and 15th of each month.
- Given the benefits and cost-effectiveness - why not order and install ProCraft Cables in your airplane?
- Install in an afternoon.
- Avoid cutting cable with a wire cutter and making unreliable crimps with a hammer or vise.
- Make sure your Builder's Log indicates that you chose ProCraft Battery Cables for your aircraft.
- Clean, professional looking cable and wire assemblies make your airplane look better and perform better.
- Long lasting, reliable, and quality materials reduce your lifetime expenses associated with system problems.
So, how strong is really strong? We all understand that properly installed electrical cables (in your airplane) won't be under any sort of static tensile load. However, the ProCraft Cable load demonstration provides a good indication of how well a properly installed and crimped terminal lug can perform. Over the life of your airplane, properly crimped battery and high load conductors will provide superior performance, produce less corrosion problems, and ultimately make for a safer, more serviceable airplane. A STRONG crimp is a GOOD crimp. (Read, "Low Resistance")
You CAN'T do this in the garage with a hammer and vise or even a soldering iron or a plumber's propane torch. The more you inappropriately "massage" a multi-strand cable end, the more you work harden the copper strands and damage the Tin coatings. Damage of this nature leads to mechanical failure of the very tiny strands of wire that make up the cable and corrosion in the terminal lug which ultimately results in heat (Resistance) and reduced overall performance of the cable.
The Right Stuff
ProCraft Cables are crimped properly - using the right tools and techniques. Terminals are attached to aviation grade Mil-Spec cabling using a multi-ton hydraulic press and purpose built hexagon dies. The result is a high-strength, low resistance conductor, which is exactly what's required of high current cables.
At the end of the analysis, SafeAir1 ProCraft Battery Cables are no more expensive than obtaining the materials yourself - but provide a far superior cable assembly and a long-lasting, trouble-free wiring solution.
ProCraft #2 AWG Battery Cable being stressed to 550 POUNDS! This demonstration shows the strength of a properly crimped terminal/cable system.
ProCraft #4 AWG Battery Cable being stressed to 400 POUNDS!
ProCraft #8 AWG Cable being stressed to 220 POUNDS!
At right you can see a sample crimp for a small #8 cable. Note the hexagonally shaped band on the exposed crimp - this is what gives ProCraft Cables a superior mechanical and electrical bond.
All ProCraft Cable assemblies have TWO layers of heat shrink applied on each end. The first layer provides an adhesive seal that protects the crimped joint and reduces corrosion. The second layer provides additional sealing and heat protection. Since all of the cables are actually white - we use either red or black heat shrink on each end of the cables to provide you a color coding scheme for power and ground cables. This can be a big help during future maintenance and service activities.
ProCraft Battery Cables